End Jaw Pain In The Spanish Springs and Sparks NV Area
TMJ/TMD issues lead to symptoms that are often life-inhibiting… literally. Some people suffer from migraines so intense that they need to sequester themselves in dark rooms for days at a time or actually vomit from the pain. Below are common symptoms of TMD with brief descriptions:
- Vertigo | Vertigo is a feeling of spinning or loss of balance. May be more pronounced when looking down from heights.
- Accelerated bone loss in periodontal disease | Periodontal disease is an infection in the gum area that can weaken the supporting structure around your teeth, including your jaw.
- Reduced mouth opening range | The TMJ (temporomandibular joint) is the joint connecting your jaw to your skull. A TMJ issue can prevent this joint from operating normally, resulting in jaw pain and face pain.
- Limited range of head/neck motion | Because the TMJ area is such a dense center of nerves, muscles and tendons, TMJ issues can decrease the natural range of your head and neck’s movement.
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) | The proximity of your ears to your jaw make them sucseptable to problems resulting from TMJ issues, including tinnitus, a constant buzzing or ringing in the ears.
- Uneven tooth wear and cracking | TMJ issues can lead to imbalances in the natural mechanics of your jaw, leading often to uneven bites or clenching.
- Headaches (chronic or irregular) | Almost half of the nerves in your body center in or surround the temporomandibular joint. TMJ problems can trigger these nerves and lead to intense and consistent headaches.
- Jaw Pain | The TMJ is the joint connecting your jaw to your skull. No surprise then that issues in the jaw joint lead to jaw pain. Jaw pain can vary intensity between cases, but it is usually not pleasant, to say the least.
- Neck Pain & Face Pain | Similar to jaw pain, neck pain and face pain are common symptoms of TMJ issues. Depending on the severity of the case, neck pain and face pain can be intensely painful and debilitating.
- Migraine Headache | Only those who have experienced serious migraines know just how life-inhibiting they can be. Migraines are intense headaches that can completely interrupt one’s life. TMJ issues are often the culprit, and fortunately Dr. Shane Sykes has the technology and training to stop your migraines.
- Clicking/popping of the jaw joints | Problems centering in the joint of you jaw (TMJ) often lead to imbalances—sometimes displaying themselves jaw clicking or popping.
- Congestion in the ear(s) | As mentioned above, with so many nerves, muscles, tissues, etc., centered around the jaw, TMJ issues can spill over into surrounding tissues, including causing issues for the ears, like ear congestion and ringing in the ears.
Enough is enough! Don’t suffer from the symptoms of TMJ/TMD like neck pain, face pain, jaw pain and ringing in the ears any longer. Call and schedule a visit today with Reno dentist Dr. Sykes to identify what the causes of your pain and discomfort are and then solve them.