Reno TMJ Treatment
The joint that connects the jaw to the skull is called the temporormandibular joint, or TMJ. The jaw and skull are remarkably complex. Almost HALF of your body’s nerves center in the TMJ area. Issues resulting from imbalances in the TMJ (known as TMJ disorder or TMD) can therefore understandably cause debilitating symptoms. We understand how life-inhibiting TMJ and TMD symptoms can be and we are thrilled when we are able to offer our patients TMJ treatment plans that can literally change peoples’ lives.
What Causes TMJD?
Until recently, many medical practitioners were unable to identify the cause of headaches, migraines, neck/jaw pain, etc., because they did not have the technology or understanding of the TMJ needed to correctly identify, diagnose and treat TMD (TMJ disorder). Even today, less than 1% of dental practices in the United States offer the TMJ treatment that Dr. Shane Sykes does. TMJD can be caused by:
- Wearing down of cartilage
- Structural problems in the joint itself
- Dental problems
Common TMD symptoms:
- Jaw Pain
- Neck Pain
- Ear pain not from infection
- Migraine Headache
- Limited range of head/neck motion
- Reduced mouth opening range
- Accelerated bone loss in periodontal disease
- Tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD)
- Uneven tooth wear and cracking
- Muscle tension
- Broken teeth or dental work
- Sensitive teeth due to overloaded forces
- Headaches (chronic or irregular)
- Clenching and grinding (bruxism)
- Clicking/popping of the jaw joints
Get Treatment for TMJ Dysfunction in Reno!
If you are suffering from TMJ or TMD related symptoms, stop it! There truly is hope of living life without the pain you force yourself to push through. Dr. Sykes and the great team at The Reno Dentist have invested the time, energy and resources to be able to effectively treat people just like you. TMJ and TMD symptoms are no fun to deal with. Call and schedule a visit with us today so we can help you permanently stop the headaches, migraines, neck pain or jaw pain. We look forward to meeting you!